11/23/08

dockers


dockers as in those two boats, not the pants. this was a fun night. after going to a couple of camera shops trying to get them to sell my friend a lens for cheap i managed to sweet talk my way into a good deal and we got it. then we were off to the docks. but i was really hungry and i lost a piece of my tripod that holds my camera on. so we ate at mcdonalds (which was really disgusting and gross), and then we went to the 99cent store to buy a clamp for my tripod. after that we went to a prison and followed out by a security guard and then went to the ports. this shot was taken right next to a mexican karaoke night club. it was loud, but me, my 99cent clamp, and tripod managed.
canon 40d - 10mm - f/10 - 10.0s - iso400 - tripod

13 comments:

  1. third?
    well, my mcdonalds was delicious!
    this picture was so intense. then you told me how to make the sky more like that =] thanks =]
    another intense picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this picture sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how DO you get the sky to be like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well first of all the SKY has to have clouds in it. i shot in RAW. then i tried to get the lowest ISO possible while still keeping the shutter speed less then like 20 seconds so the boats wouldn't blur too much. and i tried to keep my f-stop higher than 8 but still keeping the shutter speed less than 20 seconds as well, thats how i remember doing it anyways. and i took a few shots before i got the right settings too. then i busted out the editing and threw the contrast up just a whee bit to give it that extra little darkness.

    and of course... use a tripod, duh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ryan i thought you knew everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. he doesnt know EVERYTHING

    ReplyDelete
  7. only EVERYlittleTHING

    ReplyDelete
  8. dude. this picture is awesome. you are my mentor. teach me!dad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The unreal lighting, exposure, and color saturation really makes this image vivid. People would pay $$$ for this picture. It looks like something I would see in a dream. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. justin's skillz > ryan's skillz => i know nothing.

    ReplyDelete